Active in the publishing world since 1995, I'm an expert in getting
your story out to the masses. I am proficient in writing, editing, and
online marketing, having designed and developed several web sites,
launched and marketed email newsletters, co-authored a book, and
contributed numerous feature articles online, in newspapers and in
Travel is my passion and I specialize in family, fitness,
entertainment, and adventure travel in North America. As a homeschooling
mother of two, I also focus on edutainment - travel is the perfect way
to bring learning to life. Skiing, hiking, and outdoor adventures are
high on my list of "best ways to spend time with the family."
share my adventures at 100
Routes Across America. One of my goals is to drive every
original US highway in the United States. In 2015, I was chosen for Travel
Channel’s Panel of Advisors for their Best Road Trips
feature. I am also a regular contributor to Traveling
Buys Cars, and Netflix
Life. Additionally, I
curate travel and entertainment news, opinions, and
photography at TheTVTraveler.com.
I live in New Jersey, but my heart is in Lake Tahoe.
specialties: Travel, skiing, running, fitness, adventure, cars,
entertainment, personal development, homeschooling, educational travel.
For a list of my recently published articles, please see my travel
Connect with Me:
- Created FitnessLink, an online fitness information magazine, in 1996
and served as Editor and Web Designer. FitnessLink was sold to a web
content portal in August 2000.
- Co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Online Health and
Fitness (Macmillan, 1999) and wrote numerous feature articles
for newspapers and fitness magazines, including regular columns for
the Times of Trenton and Physical Magazine.
- Presented at several health and fitness conferences in the early
2000's, speaking about marketing yourself online as a fitness
- Started blogging in 2005 and became an active member of the
parenting and homeschooling blogging community.
- Featured speaker on "Blogging as a Homeschooling Tool" at the 2009 BlogHer conference and
"Creating a Vision Board For Your Blog" at the 2011 BlogHer
- Launched 100 Routes
Across America in 2011.
- Featured on Travel Channel’s Panel of Advisors for their
2015 Best Road Trips feature.
- Project manager for “Girl’s Night Out” influencer event at the 2017
New York Interational Auto Show.
- Team Leader for TravelingMom’s “Ask a TMOM” and Pinterest teams;
Facebook manager for SheBuysCars.com