Shannon Entin is a travel writer and homeschooling mother of two.
She writes at 100 Routes Across America about her quest to drive through all 50 states in the USA and how her travel experiences help her - and her family - grow. Shannon is also the Homeschool TMOM at TravelingMom.com, and the Northeast Editor at Road Trips for Families.
Passionate about travel, learning, and personal growth, Shannon sees travel as the ultimate classroom. She writes about traveling with her family, raising and homeschooling her children, and how that all fits together with her own desire to always be learning.
Shannon has more than 17 years experience in writing, web design, and internet marketing. She has programmed and designed numerous web sites, built and promoted email newsletters, and created and written for several blogs (PHAT Mommy, Homeschool Hacks, NJ Moms Blog, Mom Improvement, The Discipline Project). She is active in most social media communities including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Her experience includes...
- Created FitnessLink, an online fitness information magazine, in 1996 and served as Editor and Web Designer. FitnessLink was sold to a web content portal in August 2000.
- Co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Online Health and Fitness (Macmillan, 1999) and wrote numerous feature articles for newspapers and fitness magazines.
- Presented at several health and fitness conferences in the early 2000's, speaking about marketing yourself online as a fitness professional.
- Started blogging in 2005 and became an active member of the parenting and homeschooling blogging community.
- Was a featured speaker on "Blogging as a Homeschooling Tool" at the 2009 BlogHer conference and "Creating a Vision Board For Your Blog" at the 2011 BlogHer conference.