Hi, I'm Shannon. As a
freelance travel writer and homeschooling mother of two, I believe
traveling is the ultimate classroom.
I learn everywhere I go, whether about people,
history, a destination, or myself. My personal blog, 100
Routes Across America, highlights my quest to drive
every original U.S. Highway and how my experiences along the way help
me - and my family - grow.
With 20 years experience in writing, web design,
and internet marketing behind me, I've built a strong platform around
helping people with parenting, fitness, travel, and homeschooling
issues. I'm (over)active in social
media communities including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram and
- Created FitnessLink, an online fitness information magazine, in 1996 and served as Editor and Web Designer. FitnessLink was sold to a web content portal in August 2000.
- Co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Online Health and Fitness (Macmillan, 1999) and wrote numerous feature articles for newspapers and fitness magazines, including the Times of Trenton and Physical Magazine.
- Presented at several health and fitness conferences in the early 2000's, speaking about marketing yourself online as a fitness professional.
- Started blogging in 2005 and became an active member of the parenting and homeschooling blogging community.
- Was a featured speaker on "Blogging as a Homeschooling Tool" at the 2009 BlogHer conference and "Creating a Vision Board For Your Blog" at the 2011 BlogHer conference.
- Launched 100 Routes
- Going to the Super Bowl? New Jersey Has a Lot to Offer, TravelingMom.com
- 7 Ways to Spend a Day in Breckenridge, CO, BostonMamas.com
- Top Five Reasons to Bring Your Extended Family to Breckenridge, GoBreck.com
- Worth the Splurge in Disney: Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival, ThisGirlTravels.com
- Hyundai Azera's Amazing Panoramic View, SheBuysCars.com
- Herkimer, NY: A Gem in the Adirondack Foothills, RoadTripsForFamilies.com
Connect with Me:
- 100 Routes Across America
- Diamond Cruise & Travel